about / Frequently Asked Questions

The French Cultural Service principal fields of action are the arts, literature, cinema, French language programs and higher education.

For questions regarding travel, visas, passports, marriage, votes, geography, taxes, etc. please visit the French Embassy website where you will be able to find a lot of answers as well as the link to your nearest French Consulate.

Do you offer jobs and trainings?

To apply for any position open at the Cultural Services, you need to be a French citizen and check offers on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs www.diplomatie.gouv.fr

Check out the network of Alliances françaises www.af.ca. They work in close relationship with the Cultural Services.

I want to visit France, could you send me brochures and maps?

The cultural service doesn't have this kind of documents available. If you cannot find the information you are looking for while searching on internet, we invite you to contact

Atout France
Agence de développement touristique de la France
1800 av. McGill College, suite 1010
Montréal, Québec, H3A 3J6
Fax: (514) 845-4868

email: canada@franceguide.com
website : www.ca.rendezvousenfrance.com

NB : the office is not open to the public

Do I need a visa to come to France?

The answer depends on multiple criteria like your citizenship, the reason you want to go, for how long... In order to get the correct answer you should contact the closest French consulate. You can also visit www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/