visual arts / Visual arts, Architecture & Design / Call for entries: Design Competition - 12th Hyères International Festival of Design
Call for entries: Design Competition - 12th Hyères International Festival of Design
The festival revolves around an international competition open to young designers, which combines exhibitions and discussions. Through this innovative platform, the villa Noailles aims to further its support for young design, whilst at the same time gathering together designers, members of the industry, journalists, and the general public. There are 2 segments to the festival: design in Hyères and interior design in Toulon.
Design Parade will take place from June 29 to July 2nd 2017.
The villa Noailles organises an annual competition aimed at young designers within the framework of the Design Parade festival. The competition winner is awarded the Grand Prix Design Parade. The competition does not include the fields of fashion styling, neither that of graphic design. The competition is open to all designers 18 years of age or older. Collective submissions - made by two or more artists - are accepted. Projects submitted for the competition must not have been previously exhibited neither in a cultural institution in France, nor at a European trade fair.
No topic, nor a specific type of project are stipulated. We recommend you to present exclusive projects. The projects already shown won’t be privileged.
Step 1 - Initial selection
Submission by email on March 1st, 2017 at the latest
If you are selected for the second step :
Step 2 - Selection
Send your printed portfolio on March 10, 2017 at the latest
Results will be announced around March 25th, 2017
If you are selected for the contest: Festival
Presence in Hyères is required from June 27 to July 2nd, 2017 included
AWARDS GRAND PRIX DESIGN PARADE
The competition judges will award the Grand Prix Design Parade which consists of :
- a research scholarship of one year at Sèvres – Cité de la céramique
- a research scholarship of one year at CIRVA (International Glass and Arts Research Centre in Marseille), to create a vase. This vase will be produced in triplicate and will then become a part of the collections of the villa Noailles and of the CIRVA, one vase for the designer
- a grant of 5 000 euros given by Galerie kreo for a personal design project that could be represented by Galerie kreo
- a personal exhibition at the villa Noailles during Design Parade 13, in July 2018
- a series of exhibitions in Europe in 2019
- a personal exhibition at espace d’art Le Moulin in La Valette-du-Var in July 2019. (Other collaborations with the Festival’s partners are submitted to further changes.)