For the year 2021, seize the opportunity to join Ifremer (Institut français de recherche pour l’exploitation de la mer) for your post-doctorate. The Institute offers a dozen post-doctoral contracts for a period of 18 months to researchers proposing innovative projects that are consistent with the three main themes below:
- Protect and restore the ocean.
- Sustainably use marine resources to benefit society.
- Create and share ocean data, information & knowledge.
Founded in 1984, IFREMER is a French public organization and its budget approximates 240 million euros. It is operating under the joint authority of the French Ministry for Higher Education, Research and Innovation, the French Ministry for the Ecological and Solidary Transition, and the French Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
- Candidates must not have been previously employed as doctoral or post-doctoral researcher in an Ifremer research unit nor in a joint research unit involving Ifremer (The joint research units are the following: MARBEC, LEMAR, LOPS, AMURE, LMEE, LEEISA, IHPE, ENTROPIE, EIO).
- This call is open to applicants of any nationality whose last research experience (PhD or post-doctoral contract) has been carried out in a laboratory outside of France. You cannot apply if you are currently carrying out your research in a French research laboratory.
- Candidates must have their PhD defense after December, 2015.
Application forms must be sent in electronic format to the Scientific Direction of Ifremer by January 19th, 2021 at the latest. Contracts will begin after April 1st, 2021. The forms must be typed and sent as one single PDF file by email.
DOCUMENTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION