The Cultural Service of the French Embassy is launching its 2020-2021 cultural cooperation program with schools in Canada!
In collaboration with various educational institutions across Canada, we are launching our annual program of cooperation around art and culture in education. This program aims at the acquisition of a shared culture between France and Canada which is rich and has diverse forms, be it heritage or contemporary or popular or scholarly.
Concretely, artistic and cultural education associates visiting works of art, meeting with artists, artistic practices and the acquisition of knowledge within the educational system.
If you are a Canadian school and want to take part in one of these projects by hosting an artist or a workshop in your organization, do not hesitate to contact us via the IFprof platform!
Discover the program for the 2020-2021 academic year here:
Spotlight 2020 on comics
- The exhibition Machine à Bulles and its workshops (NOVEMBER 2020): Come, discover innovative forms of comics through several works illustrating the new reading experiences offered by digital technology. The exhibition will be available online and on site depending on your region. Various workshops (French / English) led by the creators are available for children, adolescents, adults and art students. Mediation tools around digital comics are also made available to teachers.
For more information / resources on IFprof Canada
- Comic Book Authors in Residence (SPRING 2021): We are organizing comic book author residency programs in Toronto, Vancouver and Moncton. Each author will spend about a month in Canada and will be available for school visits after their regulatory quarantine.
- Reading marathon (THROUGH THE ACADEMIC YEAR): A selection of French comics aligned to the Canadian school program will be made available on the Culturethèque platform. The pages read will help support UNICEF Canada.
Books and the digital world
• Enriched book student competition (WINTER 2020-2021): In collaboration with the Salon du Livre de l’Outaouais, students who have studied in Canada are invited to create their own enriched book. An expert in the field will be able to accompany the students in this endeavor through several webinars available from November.
For more information
• Et en plus je chante en français (NOVEMBRE 2020) : As part of November Numérique, we offer a selection of French songs accompanied by teaching aids for the French class. The sheets that accompany each title can be used to set up workshops: perfect for promoting and learning French in a fun way through songs and discovering the French music scene!
For more information / Find resources on IF prof
For education professionals:
• Congrès de l’Association canadienne des professeurs de l’immersion (ACPLS) : To celebrate languages without borders, the Embassy of France in Canada, in partnership with ACPLS, is pleased to invite you to a session around artistic and cultural education for the teaching of second languages.
For more information