With the utmost vigilance with regard to the health situation, and within the framework of its support of the cultural and creative industries, the Institut Français is making every effort to support the artistic creation and launches a call for applications for its programme at the Cité Internationale des Arts for residencies of 3 or 6 months, between April 2021 and April 2022.
This programme is intended for foreign artists, residing exclusively outside of France, wishing to develop a research and creation project in Paris, for a period of 3 or 6 months.
Applications must be supported by one or several cultural partners. The partners associated with the artist may be:
- Establishments from the French Cultural Network Abroad
- French or foreign cultural bodies
The artist must:
- Be financially supported by one or several associated partners
- Already be active in his/ her professional life
- Be proficient in French and/or English
- Provide proof of previous artistic work
- Be sufficiently independent to manage his/her residency
- Be free of any professional obligations throughout his/her residency period
- Respect a waiting period of three completed years after the residency before re-applying to the Institut français’ residency programmes.
Applications submitted directly by artists shall not be accepted. They must absolutely be submitted by associated partners here. In order to submit your application on IFProg, please create an account on the Institut Français website.
All the details annd information can be found in the attached document here (English version starting page 5).