Human Comfort in Buildings 2021 is the first edition of the bi-annual international conference series focused on comfort and well-being in buildings and urban environments. The conference will take place at Troyes La Champagne on January 28th and 29th, 2021. In this context, the EPS Graduate School of Engineering is launching a call for papers on the general theme of well-being and comfort in urban environments and habitats.
This call is part of an interdisciplinary approach in times of climate change, in a situation that invites to rethink the habitat in order to face the challenges of the energy transition.
Human Comfort in Buildings 2021 conference focuses on two tracks:
- Comfort and its different components in the built environment.
- Methods of comfort measurement;
- The parametric approach to one aspect of comfort (indices, physical/physiological parameters measured, etc.);
- Appraisal of the overall comfort and as related to specific types of comfort;
- The human factors and how they relate to comfort: the psychological and physiological aspects, the ethnic, sociological, and geographical dimensions, etc.;
- Comfort for vulnerable groups (disabled people, older people);
- Integrating comfort in the design and conception of buildings;
- New methodologies of estimating the comfort of an individual (metadata, big data, etc.).
- Comfort: Impact of health crisis and climate change
- The impact of confinement on comfort;
- Impacts of climate change on different aspects of comfort (thermal, sanitary, acoustic, security);
- Relationship between comfort and adaptation of individuals to changes (health, climate);
- Comfort and sustainable building: relationships and contextualization.
The conference is open to scientists and industrialists for the presentation of academic and/or industrial projects.
Abstract deadline: September 30, 2020
Notifications to authors (acceptance of abstracts): October 10, 2020
Article deadline: December 31, 2020
Abstracts and articles sent to [email protected]
Publications contacts: [email protected]
More information on https://hcb2021.wordpress.com/