The Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris (FSMP), one of the most prestigious higher education institution regarding mathematics, offers the possibility to foreign student to benefit from scholarship programs for Master or thesis (Cofund).
The successful candidates will have the chance to benefit from a range of courses based on the skills of the whole Parisian laboratories in mathematical sciences research. This network, in the French capital, represents the most important research pole in the world in this domain.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR THE MASTER’S DEGREE
The FSMP offers two calls for application regarding the scholarship program for the master’s degree :
- From October 1st 2020 to January 22nd 2021 (end at 11:59PM Paris time): this call is open to students who carried out a bachelor degree or a first year of master outside of France.
- From December 1st 2020 to May 8th 2021 (11:59PM, Paris Time): this call is open for the same students above mentioned and students who carried out a bachelor degree or a first year of master in one of the universities of the FSMP’s network.
Applications from female students are particularly encouraged.
Documents to upload
- A CV
- A cover letter
- Bachelor school reports (transcript of grades) and certificate
- Master school reports (transcript of grads) and certification when available
- Letter(s) of recommendation(s): do not forget to mention (step 4 of the application process) the e-mail address of the professors who wish to send recommendation letters. They will receive an automatic email to upload their letter.
INTERNATIONAL DOCTORAL TRAINING SCHOLARSHIPS
This program offers 40 places (20 in 2021, 20 in 2022).
- Applicants may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.à in France for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the deadline of the co-funded program’s call (from the 13th of February 2018 to the 13th of February 2021)
- Candidates must have a master’s degree or an equivalent diploma at the time of their enrolment and must be in the first four years of their research careers. Moreover, they must not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
Documents to upload
- A CV
- A motivation letter
- Recommendation letters
- Master full grades certificate and/or diploma
- A scientific document where they describe their own research interests
- Their ideas for PhD projects and links with FSMP network
This program offers two calls of applications as well. Only the first one is open at the moment, since December 1st until February 13th 2021.
Please note that the PGSM Master grants are not cumulative with other types of funding (exception to be made with common programs with French Embassies or French Institutes abroad).