Every year during the month of March, the richness and vitality of La Francophonie is celebrated around the world.
Here in Canada, it will be a great time for all lovers of the French language and Francophone cultures to get together and share moments of conviviality.
It will culminate with the 88 member countries celebrating the French language during La Journée de la Francophonie on March 20.
The 2021 edition will be different due to the public health crisis, which will limit the ability to organize large-scale or face-to-face activities this year. In spite of these constraints, the participants will showcase the diversity and strength of the French language, whether online or with social distancing.
All March long the fondation canadianne pour le dialogue et la culture is providing lots of events through Les Rendez-vous de la Francophonie
On our side, our close partners the Alliances françaises in Canada will showcase lots of activities.
Including “La Dictée Gabrielle Roy.” The event, created 4 years ago, will take place this year not only in Canada from coast to coast to coast, but also in the United States, Mexico and other Central and South American countries. The dictation is not competitive: 3 winners will be drawn from among the participants to receive prizes. The goal is to have fun with the French language and to highlight the diversity of the French-speaking world.
Our main program on French at the Embassy is focusing on reading marathons is also planned in schools and Alliances Françaises throughout Canada, where young people are invited to read comic books in French in order to help children in Burkina Faso gain access to education. The project, conducted in cooperation with UNICEF Canada, combines the love of reading with civic engagement. Launched for the general public during the month of La Francophonie, the project will continue to run in schools until the end of the school year.
And more activities below :
- March 10th: Café discussion en ligne
- March 11th: Trivia : Femmes, Histoire, Droits with la Fédération des Femmes Acadiennes de la Nouvelle-Écosse
- March 13th: Speak-Dating des Alliances françaises du Canada de 15h00 à 16h30 (HNC)
- March 14th: Projection du film “Les Malheurs de Sophie”
- From March 15th until the end of the school year: Marathons de lecture on Culturethèque
- March 16th:
- March 18th: La Dictée Gabrielle Roy à partir de 17h00 (HNC)
- March 19th:
- prize Alliances françaises
- Movie “Un divan à Tunis“
- March 2oth:
- March 21st: movie « La Fameuse Invasion des ours en Sicile also film “Corniche Kennedy”
- March 24th: Jeu d’évasion francophone en ligne
- March 26th: Apéro Trivia Francophonie
Some of the movies presented above and more are available hereuntil April 10th.