On march 7th, the conference Women in Science, Health and Innovation : Leadership Looking to the Future, will gather women scientists from Europe, Canada and the United States. Women are only 27% of scientific researchers in Europe and Northern America. The International Women’s Day on March 8th is an opportunity to share and discuss on women’s place in science and in the world of research, and to put forward solutions for gender equality, in particular in career development and for greater access to positions of responsibility.
On top, left to right : Judy Illes, Robin Bennett, Ineke Klinge, Ilina Singh. Below, left to right : Corinne Alberti, Lesley Shannon, Christiane Woopen, Simone Schürle.
The General Consulate of France in Vancouver and Neuroethics Canada lead this conference and were joined by the Consulates of Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, United-Kingdom and of the United States to organize this event of international dimension. 9 researchers in bio-medical sciences from 7 countries will share about their careers and experiences as women in scientific research :
- Corinne Alberti (Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (INSERM), France)
- Robin Bennet (University of Washington, USA)
- Ineke Klinge (University of Maastricht, Pays-Bas)
- Simone Schürle (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, Suisse)
- Lesley Shannon (Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada)
- Ilina Slingh (University of Oxford, Royaume-Uni)
- Christiane Woopen (University of Cologne, Allemagne)
- Mona Nemer (Chief Science Advisor in the Government of Canada)
Corinne Alberti, invited by the General Consulate of France, is Professor of Public Health, Director of the Public Health Institute (INSERM) and Research Director in clinical epidemiology in Robert Debré Pediatric Teaching Hospital. This conference is organized under the aegis of Judy Illes, Neuroethics Canada, and Santa J. Ono, President of the University of British Columbia, and in attendance of Janet Austin, Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia.
For more information about the speakers and the conference, visit the event website.